When your iPod devices are initially configured, all technician shortcuts are typically added for you. However there are a number of situations where you may need to create a shortcut yourself (e.g. new iPod, new technician etc.). The guide below has been created to walk you though doing this.
Use the following steps to create a single shortcut, once you've done this a couple of times you'll see there's not a lot to it!
- Step 1: From the home screen of your iPod device, open Safari.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Mobile Web Application at: http://system.evhc.com.au/vhcmobile by typing in the address (or selecting a bookmark within Safari).
- Step 3: Enter the username for the technician. If you do not know what this is, log into the main EVHC Web Application and click the "Technicians" link under "Administration & Support" - find the technician and use the username listed there. Most importantly, for the password enter the numbers "9999" this is used to tell the login screen that we are creating a shortcut (as opposed to trying to log in). Finally click the "Login" button.
- Step 4: When the login screen reloads, observe that the technicians name has been pre-populated where the username box was. Now, click the bookmark button on the toolbar at the bottom of Safari.
- Step 5: Click the "Add to Home Screen" button.
- Step 6: Provide a name for the shortcut, typically the convention for this is the first name and first letter of the surname (unless this already exists) then click the "Add" button at the top-right of the screen.
- Step 7: Observe that the shortcut has been created on the secondary home screen, you will be shown this automatically.
(Optional) Moving the Shortcut icon
If you want to move the shortcut icon to another home screen on your device, follow these steps:
- Step 1: To move the shortcut, press and hold the "Home" button on the iPod itself (the round button on the front). You will observe, that the icons on the screen now start to "wobble" - release the "Home" button.
- Step 2: Touch and drag the shortcut to the home screen you want and stop touching the icon to "drop" this in place. You will notice that to drag between home screens you will need to hold the icon to the right, or left of the screen for a couple of seconds to make the home screen change to the next available screen.
- Step 3: Finally press the "Home" button on the front of the iPod to stop the icons from wobbling.